Any significant new development is likely to attract keen local interest. An essential tool these days for effective communications and constructive ongoing public relations is a high-quality website that is easy to navigate, read and understand.
We help clients create a website that explains the development proposals and provides a platform for local people and other stakeholders to see accurate information, get answers to questions they may have about a project and ask the project team questions.
The precise content of a consultation website depends on the nature of each project but could embrace some or all of the following elements:
- Strategic plans with timelines
- Location maps
- Illustrations of the proposed development for which consent is being sought
- Local authority planning policies pertaining to the development area and helpful weblinks
- Profiles and track-record of the development and consultancy teams
- Community consultation event details and how to people can get involved
- News section to update residents as the project evolves (with an alert mechanism so people know when new information has been added to the consultation website)
- Frequently asked questions, giving instant responses to common queries
- Section for people to submit questions
- Supporters section (where appropriate)
- If appropriate, a social media platform to allow discussion
The community consultation team – Iain Vellacott and Althea Taylor-Salmon – project manage the development of the consultation website from start to finish, creating the site plan and brand, writing the content and steering the build; often to quite tight deadlines and budgets. Once the site is live, we manage the content, ensuring that residents have the latest information available.
For more information on how we can support your development application, contact Iain Vellacott or Althea Taylor-Salmon at email@example.com or call 01992 551 335.
Community Engagement on Development Proposals – Bishop's Stortford North
Iain is undoubtedly one of the best in the business. His extensive experience coupled with his understanding of the planning system make him a key member of a project team. His initial research and ongoing monitoring are always extremely useful in identifying potential issues and opportunities and his communications abilities are excellent -whether it be writing press releases or exhibition boards or just having a quiet cup of tea with a concerned local resident. I would have no hesitation in recommending Iain – he is a pleasure to work with, an excellent ambassador and he always gives 100% commitment to a project.
Andrew Dutton, Strategic Land Director Bovis Homes