On the basis of the findings of our extensive research, we develop a detailed strategy for how best to promote and consult on the proposals. This is then discussed with the client and relevant members of a project team before a programme and budget is agreed.
For most medium and large-scale developments the strategy includes:
- Meeting with the Local Authority to explain and agree on the consultation approach
- Creating a name and brand for the development
- Setting up and hosting a project website with feedback facilities
- Writing and producing promotion and consultation materials, including an initial leaflet/brochure
- Organising an exhibition/consultation event (including guest list, mailing invitations, adverts in local papers, posters, drafting and production of exhibition boards and feedback boards/material)
- Where appropriate, organising workshops to look at specific aspects of the development
- Drafting a press release to announce the proposals and follow-up press work, including responding to letters to the newspaper where considered necessary/appropriate
- Establishing direct contact with specific stakeholders, local ward councillors and others, as appropriate
- Detailed monitoring of local papers, websites, local authority minutes and agendas, etc
- Preparing a Statement of Community Engagement to accompany the planning application
For more information on how we can support your development application, contact Iain Vellacott or Althea Taylor-Salmon at email@example.com or call 01992 551 335.
Community Engagement on Development Proposals – Bishop's Stortford North
Iain is undoubtedly one of the best in the business. His extensive experience coupled with his understanding of the planning system make him a key member of a project team. His initial research and ongoing monitoring are always extremely useful in identifying potential issues and opportunities and his communications abilities are excellent -whether it be writing press releases or exhibition boards or just having a quiet cup of tea with a concerned local resident. I would have no hesitation in recommending Iain – he is a pleasure to work with, an excellent ambassador and he always gives 100% commitment to a project.
Andrew Dutton, Strategic Land Director Bovis Homes